Pages

Thursday 23 July 2015

Fish Broth

Fish and Vegetables:-
2 pounds of seasoned fish
12 Cups of water
1 large chopped potato
3 sweet chopped potatoes 
2 chopped green figs
1 medium carrot, sliced
3 small eddoes chopped
1 large sliced onion 
1 hot pepper, whole

Flour Dumplings:-
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons sugar

Peel, wash and cut veggies and slice onion.  Leave vegetables immersed in water to prevent them from getting black.

Season fish with salt, black pepper, cilantro, garlic, salt and black pepper.

Bring water to boil in a large pot with a cover over high heat. Add onion, potato, sweet potato, green bananas, carrot, eddoes, onion, tomato, celery, thyme, whole hot pepper and the reserved green seasoning to the boiling water.

Bring to a boil again, cover and reduce heat to low and cook until vegetables are tender, about 20-40 minutes, depending on the size and amount of vegetables used.

Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper 

Add dumplings, raise heat to high and bring to a boil. When it comes to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until dumplings are cooked, about 10 minutes. 




6 comments:

  1. That looks delicious! I think I will be using your recipes in my restaurant. ��

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love fish broth and this looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i get a cold..this will be my 'go to' recipe..like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. When the weather is cold, I enjoy a nice hot bowl of fish Broth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am a 'fish only ' girl so this recipe will look great in my soup pot.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a 'fish only ' girl so this recipe will look great in my soup pot.

    ReplyDelete